Friday, May 18, 2012

'Doe' describes odd twist in landmark abortion case

'Doe' describes odd twist in landmark abortion case (OneNewsNow.com): "Doe" in Doe v. Bolton is actually Sandra Cano, who says she was seeking a divorce at the time, but was made the plaintiff in one of the two court cases that legalized abortion in this country..

"I wanted my two children and I went to the Atlanta Legal Aid. And from there, unbeknownst to me -- I still don't know how all this came about -- I became 'Doe' in Doe v. Bolton without my knowledge."

Cano was pregnant at the time and then found out she was to have an abortion arranged by her well-meaning mother. Cano says she would never have agreed to have an abortion and did not believe in abortion. "Regardless of me saying no, I'm not going to have an abortion, I ran away the night before I was to go into the hospital at Georgia Baptist to have an abortion and I went to Hugo, Oklahoma," she described."

Editor: Wait! What? They wanted her to go to a Baptist hospital for an abortion?!?

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment