Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Listening Beyond Life and Choice

"Sacred Conversations" by David P. Gushee | Listening Beyond Life and Choice | Civil Conversations Project [On Being]: "At the heart of my Christian faith is the belief that each and every person I encounter is absolutely cherished by God, who is their Creator, Sustainer, and Redeemer. I believe every human being is ineffably sacred in God's sight. This implies a moral responsibility on my part to do my very best to treat them accordingly. If God loves each person, followers of God's way must love each person too.

"This is a mystical vision. It is a mountaintop perspective. It is very hard to sustain it, especially in the vicious street fights of politics. And it is often very hard to see any evidence for it. But this belief is not really evidence-based. It is faith-based."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment