Thursday, April 12, 2012

David Whiting Live: The Burden of Abortion - part 1

David Whiting Live: The Burden of Abortion - part 1: "I have wondered if my grandchildren will look at me in twenty years and say, "Grandpa, I can't believe abortion used to be legal! What did YOU DO to stop abortion from happening?" I imagine that question all the time. Frankly, I fear that question. And I only have a few things I do and have done:

  • I support some great pro-life organizations fiscally
  • I preach about it whenever it comes up in the texts I'm teaching
  • We direct attention and funds from our church budget to a great, local pro-life ministry
  • I won't vote for a pro-abortion candidate (any more than I'd vote for a candidate in favor of genocide) regardless of their party affiliation
  • I make sure my daughters understand the moral atrocity of abortion

My fear is that my grandchildren will say, "That's it? That's all you did?" And I will have to look at them with shame and say, "Yes" or I will have to try to justify why it was "enough."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment