Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What we gained through infertility

What we gained through infertility - Salon.com: "The realization that a biological child wasn’t in the cards alighted unexpectedly on my shoulder, like a butterfly. It happened the moment my sister [their surrogacy volunteer] called to say the fifth round of artificial insemination didn’t work. The news that another fertility treatment had failed was no surprise, but I was shocked by my reaction. I was completely fine. Suddenly I had the acceptance and clarity that had eluded me for so long. With enormous relief, John and I officially decided to adopt a baby."

Christian perspective, from Terri Stovall, dean of women's programs at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary:   Infertility -- where grief meets grace

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment