Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Letter to the editor by young woman with Down syndrome

Secular Pro-Life Perspectives: International Down Syndrome Coalition: Bridget Brown wrote a letter to the editor of the Washington Post describing her perspective on the high abortion rate of fetuses with Down syndrome:
Dear Editor,
I am a young woman with Down Syndrome. I am so sad to hear about all the babies with Down Syndrome who are aborted.  I am so grateful that I was not aborted because I have a full and wonderful life!
The world needs to know that I do not “suffer” from Down Syndrome. I believe in the sacred dignity of ALL people. AND most people I know with disabilities have full and productive lives.

. . . I wonder why we think Hitler was so horrible when we are doing the same thing he did? . . .

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment