Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flipping the fear about preaching on abortion

Flipping the fear about preaching on abortion | LifeSiteNews.com: A woman wrote, “I can’t help but think that if twenty years ago I heard a sermon in my church against abortion, I would have found the strength to keep my baby instead of killing my baby.” Since then, countless women, as well as men, have said the same to Frank Pavone of Priests for Life. He goes on to write about how if nothing is said about abortion from the pulpit, congregants may conclude [paraphrasing to fit our context]:

a) My pastor doesn't know about the pain I have from my abortion;
b) My pastor knows my pain, but doesn't care;
c) My pastor knows and cares about my pain, but there's no hope. Nothing can be done to heal it.

Editor: BFL highly recommends the book Living in His Forgiveness (by Sandy Day) as a resource for post-abortion ministry and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment