Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Are We Willing to Suffer the Consequences of Being Pro-Life?

Are We Willing to Suffer the Consequences of Being Pro-Life? | LifeNews.com: An 11-year old supporter of sent Priests for Life the following email recently: “My mother and I are taking a bus and will be coming to the March for Life. My teacher said that I will receive zeroes on any work that I miss and it can’t be made up. I told her missing a day at school in order to stand up for life is more important and I’m willing to suffer the consequences.”

That’s what the pro-life movement needs most – people willing to suffer the consequences.

The children living and growing in the womb right now endure a great risk without having chosen it. They live in a place that has become more dangerous than any battlefield or terrorist target, and their lives hang in the balance at every moment. They did not choose this risk; someone else chose it for them.

We who defend these children have to choose to accept a share in that risk. That is solidarity. We bear willingly the risk that they bear unwillingly. Many ask what they need to do to stop abortion. But most know the answer already. They see the next step they can take, but are just trying to muster up the courage to do it. Risk is involved, and there’s no way around it. We’re afraid to speak and to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment