Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post-abortion testimony

"I was stubborn. I knew having sex outside of marriage was wrong and it seemed like an abortion would just make it all go away. Afterwards, I felt the sin of abortion was more than a righteous God would forgive (not that He could not, but just would not). Then I felt like nothing else I did mattered because I had done the worst thing anyone could ever do, and that just kept me spiraling down. I got involved in alcohol, drugs and more unholy relationships. The anniversary of the abortion was especially difficult—usually spent crying and begging the Lord to forgive me, but I never felt relief. I think it's because He required that I tell the secret. (Confess your faults). . . . 

"I became free from the burden of guilt and compelled secrecy of my abortion because the Lord cared enough to chase after me. . . . On April 20, 2005, as I read Luke 13:11-13, 'Woman, thou art loosed!' The Lord Jesus spoke peace to my heart about my abortion after almost 30 years of carrying the grief.  As I read those words, it was as if Jesus spoke them directly to me and, I knew He not only could, but He desired to forgive me of this terrible sin. Like that woman, I could not pick myself up, but He both could and did. I experienced that same inner joy that I had felt so many years before when He saved me." Sherry, Anchor Missionary Baptist Church, Anchorage, Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment