Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"I was hungry and you gave me food . . ." (Mt 25:33-36)

Colleen Tronson, director of Metro Women's Center in Crystal, MN, writes: "The message I seem to be hearing a lot lately is that as believers it is our job to commit ourselves to God, get to know Him through His Word, share His resources with others, obey Him, and He will provide the strength and ability for the tasks at hand. What a relief!

"Here are some special feet that were rescued from abortion!

"A tank of gas and some groceries - you would not think that providing a pregnant woman with these two common needs could save her baby's life; however, that was indeed the case at MWC this week. A woman called looking for an abortion but ended up coming into the office for more conversation. After our time together, she said, "I called looking for an abortion and I found hope instead." (shared with permission)

"While we recognize that gas and groceries are but a drop in the bucket in terms of what this woman needs physically, at that particular moment in time, she needed to be ministered to in a tangible and practical way. Her baby's life was spared, she knows that someone cares, and we were blessed with a new friend! Additionally, we were able to pray with her and to invite her to a local church for ongoing support!

"This woman and others call or come to our Center often, saying things like: 'I have been so sick because of this pregnancy that I have not been able to work. I have no money for groceries for my other kids or gas for my car. I have to have an abortion - this pregnancy is ruining my life.' While we know that the pregnancy is not really 'ruining' her life, it can pose challenges that make continuing on seem hopeless. Through MWC's Acacia Fund, a woman's immediate needs can be met thereby relieving the pressure she feels to make a permanent decision based on temporary circumstances."

No comments:

Post a Comment