Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Graphic abortion posters on Christian campuses?

The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform's GAP group is about to visit Liberty University, the largest Christian university in the world. Why Liberty University? Aren’t they already pro-life? Yes, in the same way that the pro-life church is pro-life. But the sad fact is that 18% of all abortions are performed on women who are "born again" or "evangelical" Christians. According to the most recent data, about 15% of evangelical or born again Christian women will have at least one abortion during her childbearing years. Born again and evangelical men are just as involved.

On the other hand, when Christians see the horror of abortion, they are more likely to obey God’s command not to kill their own children (Mark 10:19), obey God’s command to protect and defend the defenseless (Proverbs 24:11-12), and fulfill their duty as Christian leaders to teach other believers to do the same (Matthew 28:20).

Here’s what one Liberty student wrote after I recently showed him what abortion really is:
Since I became a Christian 12 years ago, I have just said I was pro-life because that is what Christians are supposed to be. But after I saw your presentation, being pro-life means a lot more to me than ever before. Seeing all those graphic photos and that video brought me to tears and showed me [abortion] is murder; it is wrong. I want to now fight for their lives—not just tell people I’m pro-life, but actually be pro-life in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment