Thursday, September 30, 2010

Obama Says Teachings of Jesus Christ 'Spoke to Me,' then Defends Abortion

Obama Says Teachings of Jesus Christ 'Spoke to Me,' then Defends Abortion: When a teacher's assistant asked him why he was a Christian during a townhall Q&A in Albuquerque, the president answered, “I’m a Christian by choice....I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith." But the president then jumped to defend the legal killing of unborn children when the same woman asked about regulating the procedure.

"Now, with respect to the abortion issue, I actually think - I mean, there are laws both federal, state and constitutional that are in place," he said. "And I think that this is an area where I think Bill Clinton had the right formulation a couple of decades ago, which is abortion should be safe, legal, and rare."

Obama exhorted the audience to "recognize" killing unborn children as "a difficult, oftentimes tragic situation that families are wrestling with. I think the families and the women involved are the ones who should make the decisions, not the government. I do think actually that there are a whole host of laws on the books that after a certain period, the interests shift such that you can have some restrictions, for example, on late-term abortions, and appropriately so."

As an Illinois and U.S. senator, Obama never once voted in favor of an abortion restriction, supporting even the gruesome partial-birth abortion procedure and voting against a state law to protect infants born alive during an abortion. Since ascending to the White House, he has solidified his 100% pro-abortion record.

No comments:

Post a Comment